Friday 14 December 2012

Some Things I'm Really Going to Miss About France

• All of the people in my program and the amazing friends that I made and got so close to over the course of the semester. The people were what really made the experience so great. I think we could have been somewhere completely random and we still would have had great times together.

• How much easier and cheaper it is to travel in Europe than in North America.

• Cosmo Mondays (I'm sure if people back home knew that Mondays were my favourite days here, they would think I was crazy! Among the IBP, instead of saying TGIF, we say TGIM!) I'll also miss how much more often we go out here than I do at home, and it's totally normal to go out every night of the week!

• The food (Cadbury, Kinder, and Milka chocolate which is so much better than most American chocolate, the French version of tacos, kebabs, the Nutella that just seems to taste better here, wine that you can get for really cheap but still tastes good, French pastries, etc)

• There is hardly any schoolwork compared to Elon.

• The diversity of all the people in the program. It's cool hanging out with people who are from all different countries and have different native languages, and it's cool learning about each other's cultures!

• Living in a city where there is always something to do or somewhere to go, and there is always something new to experience or explore.

• French guys are way better looking than most American guys!

• Public transportation and how easy it is to get around. I also love walking around this much!

• All the history and culture mixed together with new stuff too. In the US, you'll never see anything that was built before a few hundred years ago.

• My independence that I have here, which is really making me feel like a real grown-up

• How well people dress (girls and guys). You'd never see a French person going to class in sweatpants and a t-shirt!

• Everything just feels more sophisticated and cultured.

• Lots of good stores that we don't have in the US (even if I couldn't afford to shop this semester!)

There is so much that I'm going to miss after I leave Lyon, but I'm so glad I'll have so many great memories to last me a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment